Saturday, February 5, 2011

Don't Touch My Breasts

So tonight I had a friend grab one of my breasts.  And no one cared.

I was given a hug from behind and then realised that one hand was firmly gripping my right breast.  I removed it, firmly saying no, and stepped out from the hug.

No one else seemed to care that this had been done to me.  What, has groping become acceptable and I missed the memo?  Not only this but even when I brought it up later, that person said that it didn't matter, they enjoyed it.  Everyone else just brushed it off.

Sorry, but my body is not there for just anyone to do with what they please.  You may not touch my breasts, buttocks or genitals unless I give you permission.  It is NOT acceptable to grope someone, even if you are friends.

Having a friend do this makes it even worse because if I'm not safe around friends, who am I safe around?

No comments:

Post a Comment